In this edition:
- Important news from Wiltshire Council following termination of contract with Balfour Beattie.
- Public meeting to discuss the Challenges Ahead for service delivery by Wiltshire Council.
- Survey on Children’s Centre Services – make your opinion known.
- Young person? Let us know about facilities you would like in Shrewton – with food, refreshments and fun!
- Grants for those undertaking a trade apprenticeship.
- “Walking with the Wounded” coming to Shrewton.
Continue reading “Update 4 October, 2015”
Arts and Crafts from local craftspeople will be on sale in the Methodist Church this Saturday, 3rd October between 10 am and 3pm. With 18 tables booked there will be lots to choose from. Drop in, chat to the crafter or artist and pick up a gift or something for yourself. The Oasis coffee shop will be open serving real espresso based coffees, teas, soft drinks and cakes. Hope to see you there. Continue reading Craft Fair Saturday 3rd October
John Glen M.P. and local councillors will be at the meeting to discuss Shrewton related traffic issues. Today, Friday, 25th September, 2015 at Shrewton Primary School commencing 7:00 pm. Want to know what it’s about? Come along and find out. Continue reading Traffic Issues Public Meeting
In this edition:
- Invitation to a public meeting with John Glen M.P. to discuss Shrewton’s traffic issues.
- The George, latest news including notice from Shrewton Parish Council of intention to be regarded as a potential bidder and current offers on the table.
- October Salisbury Plain Training Area Newsletter.
- Remembrance Day Road Closure.
- Survey about benefits of living in the Wiltshire Countryside environment.
- Latest Army Basing news.
Continue reading “News Update 17th September 2015”
In this edition:
- An update on what to do if you get abusive phone apparently from Wiltshire Council,
- Notice of a vacancy on our Parish Council and how to submit your application – please consider,
- Launch of free computer training in Shrewton and Till Valley – where and when to find out more,
- Giving young people in Shrewton a chance, or three, to say what they want in our Parish,
- A Halloween Fancy Dress party for young people, organised and managed by Wiltshire Police,
- Notice of road closures for Royal British Legion Remembrance Day parade – and how to comment,
- Latest Wiltshire Council newsletter to Parishes.
Now please read on. Continue reading “News Update Sept 12 2015”
Over the past couple of days a number of changes have been made to the look and content of Shrewton.com with more links to local businesses and services and what’s on pages..
Continue reading “News Update September 4th, 2015”
From Simon Day, Area Technical Support Team Leader, Economic Development & Planning, Wiltshire Council, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8JN.
“Wiltshire Council has been informed by the owner of The George Inn, Shrewton that they intend to sell the asset. Continue reading “Disposal of The George Inn, Shrewton, as an Asset of Community Value”
From the Wiltshire Parish Newsletter
“Don’t fall victim to telephone scams. We are asking you to be on your guard and not fall victim to telephone scams. This is following recent reports of someone cold calling people claiming to be from ‘Wiltshire County Council.’ Wiltshire Council, or any other genuine official authority, will never request details such as bank details, passwords or pin numbers over the phone.”
Other News Updates
Continue reading “News Updates 26 August 2015”