In this edition:
- An update on what to do if you get abusive phone apparently from Wiltshire Council,
- Notice of a vacancy on our Parish Council and how to submit your application – please consider,
- Launch of free computer training in Shrewton and Till Valley – where and when to find out more,
- Giving young people in Shrewton a chance, or three, to say what they want in our Parish,
- A Halloween Fancy Dress party for young people, organised and managed by Wiltshire Police,
- Notice of road closures for Royal British Legion Remembrance Day parade – and how to comment,
- Latest Wiltshire Council newsletter to Parishes.
Now please read on.
Abusive Calls – Update from Wiltshire Council
“We have recently received numerous reports of nuisance/abusive calls from members of the public saying they have been called by Wiltshire Council as the 0300 456 0100 number is being displayed on their phone or given via 1471.
After further investigations, we can confirm that these calls are not originating from Wiltshire Council. We are working closely with Wiltshire Police and BT to determine the source of these calls and any appropriate action will be taken.
Should you receive any calls from members of the public advising they are getting nuisance/abusive calls from Wiltshire Council, please collate the following information and report to our ICT Service Desk:
- Date of Call
- Time of Call
- Name and telephone number of the person who received the call
- Person’s permission for Wiltshire Police to contact them if necessary
The ICT Service Desk can be contacted on 01225 718718”
Parish Council Vacancy
Due to Cllr Mrs James retiring from the Parish Council, a vacancy has occurred. Members of the community are invited to nominate a candidate. Please provide a resume of your experience together with contact details to the Parish Clerk either by email or post to 4 Emwell Street, BA12 8JA. Find out more.
Free Computer Training Open Day
This is taking place on Tuesday, 13th October between 2 pm and 4 pm in Maddington Church Room. Find out more. Event also on the What’s on Page.
Young Person Shrewton? What do you Want?
Come along and tell us at three events arranged for you. If we don’t know we can’t help. Find out more. Events also on the What’s on Page.
Perhaps the next item will be of interest…
Halloween Fancy Dress Party for 11 to 15 Year Olds
Prizes for the best fancy dress. Find out more. Also on the What’s on Further Afield page.
Arranged and operated by Wiltshire Police.
Shrewton Remembrance Day Parade
Advance notice of road closures for the parade taking place Sunday 8 November 2015:
Outbound – A360 Maddington Street from Shrewton Sports and Social Club to junction with B3086 Shrewton High Street 10.15 – 10.20 and B3086 Shrewton High Street from junction with A360 to St Mary’s Church 10.15 – 10.30 (approx).
Return – B3086 Shrewton High Street from St Mary’s Church to its junction with the A360 11.30 – 11.45 (approx) and A360 Maddington Street from junction with B3086 Shrewton High Street to Shrewton Sports and Social Club 11.40 – 11.45 (approx).
Comments on the proposal together with the reasons for which they are made should be sent to reach the undersigned by 24th September 2015.
Technical Administrative Assistant
Traffic Order Team | Highways & Transport
Tel: 01225 756573 | Fax: 01225 713207