In this edition:
- Shrewton & Till Valley “GetOnline” group and how you can help.
- Village clean-up day report.
- Talk on first World War casualties from Chitterne, Orcheston, Shrewton and Tilshead, who are mentioned on our War Memorials.
- Remembrance Day parade timings and road closure.
The SHREWTON & TILL VALLEY GetOnline group of Wiltshire Online is now helping an increasing number of local people to make better use of their Tablets, Laptops and Smartphones but we now need YOUR HELP by becoming an Online Volunteer:
Find out more.
Around 50 people, with ages ranging from 6 to 70+ joined the latest Village Cleanup day arranged by Shrewton & District WI in conjunction with the Parish Council. Read more.
November is a time when we particularly remember those who have served and fallen in the armed forces.
Do you want to know more about those whose names are on the War Memorials of our four villages?
Are you related to one of them?
On Wednesday 18th November (note not Thursday 19th as shown in poster) Richard Osgood, the MOD Archaeologist based at Westdown Camp in Tilshead (some of you may have seen him on television, on Time Team and other programmes) will be giving a talk on Thursday, 18th November in Shrewton Primary School about the First World War casualties from all four villages, Chitterne, Orcheston, Shrewton and Tilshead, who are mentioned on our War Memorials.
The talk is free, and is sponsored by the Salisbury Plain Benefice. A collection will be made for Walking With the Wounded, who recently passed through two of our villages on their walk the length of Britain.
It is hoped that youngsters who are relations of the war dead that they will be able to come along as well. The talk is aimed at adults but Richard Osgood hopes there may be some young relatives, and will ensure his talk covers them as well.
See poster for full details.
Sunday, 8th November, Shrewton – Remembrance Day Parade and Service at St Mary’s Shrewton. Departing from the Sports & Social Club at 10:15 am returning to the Sports & Social Club by 11:45 am. No service at the Methodist Church on this date. Road closures will be in place – see details.
Other events added in this update:
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award information event – 4th November.
- Salisbury Christmas Lights switch on – 19th November.
Visit the Events page for details of these and other events.
Adverts added in this update:
- Dog Behaviour and Training – Iain Brown, Stonewolf Canine Centre
- Frying Tuck providing fish and chips and more at the The Plume of Feathers.
Visit the Links and Adverts page for details of these and other information.