Can you help us? Do you want to give something back to the community?
We want someone who will challenge the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) and the Chief Constable.
- Allowance: £210 per meeting plus mileage
- Commitment: Minimum of four meetings a year
- Length of Appointment: One term of three years with option to serve a second term
This is a rare opportunity for a member of the public to join our Joint Independent Audit Committee. The Committee provides advice and independent assurance to the Commissioner and the Chief Constable according to good governance principles. It is provided with briefings from the Commissioner, the Chief Constable and their teams. Members have an opportunity to hear about the varied and interesting work done by Wiltshire Police. The Committee provides support and challenge to our joint Chief Finance Officer and sits alongside the internal audit process checking and testing what the Commissioner and the Chief Constable do.
We are looking for men and women who:
- have experience of scrutinising information;
- can constructively challenge the Commissioner and the Chief Constable; and
- can be objective in evaluating information
The PCC and Wiltshire Police are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all the communities we serve. Auditing experience is not essential however a general knowledge of good business principles would be an advantage.
The recruitment pack is available on the Commissioner’s website.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 26 October 2018
Shortlisting will take place Tuesday 30 October 2018
Interviews will be held Wednesday 7 November 2018